Plevna, North Frontenac, is approximately a 15 minute drive from the lodge and offers many of the necessities you may need to restock your supplies with other local attractions to appeal to the traveler in you. These include:
- Shamrock Bakery
- Free Spirit Art, Craft and Gift Gallery - new location opening summer 2021
- Plevna LCBO
- Lookout Home Hardware
- Mountain Road Marine - boat service, winterizing and storage
- Creative Grapes Wine Making
- Certified PSW - Mary Watson is a local Personal Support Worker providing services such as respite care for loved ones staying at the lodge with you.
Local Area Attractions
While Pleasantview lodge is situated in a remote part of Frontenac County in the Ottawa Valley, a short drive is awaiting you to many other area attractions you may have never visited before. Here are some suggestions for up to 2 hours away by car. These include:
- Perth - 1 hour - Enjoy a day of Golfing, Dining, visiting Historic Sites , Markets, Local Boutiques & Galleries
- Pembroke, Ontario - 1 hour 45 mins - Enjoy a day of Golfing, Dining, visiting Historic Sites , Markets, Local Boutiques & Galleries
- Kingston (1.5hrs) Shopping, Historic sites, 1000 Island Cruise at Fort Henry
- Ottawa Ontario (2 hrs) Visit our nation’s Capital and Parliament Hill, Byward Market and the Rideau Canal
- Get your Pleasure Craft Operator Card Online! a.k.a. Boating Licence
- Get your Fishing Licence online.
- Get your Hunting Licence online.
- Free Paddle Sports Safety Course
- Online Hunter Education Course
- ATV Safety Course
- Snowmobile Safety Course